We believe that part of being a Christ follower is being a good and faithful steward of everything God has given you — gifts, talents, abilities, time, as well as financial resources. We believe financial giving is an act of worship and believers are encouraged "to give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver" (2 Corinthians 9:7).
Your generosity helps us continue our mission of seeing people transformed into growing disciples of Jesus who increasingly love God, love their neighbours, and love one another.
At Greenfield we have two primary funds:
- General Fund. This money goes directly to the work of God’s kingdom locally and globally in accordance with our annual budget. This includes the local work of our church community, as well as supporting local and international missionaries and many organizations that are involved in the spread of the gospel and other practical, helpful ministries.
- Benevolent Fund. On Communion Sundays (typically the first Sunday of each month), we encourage giving to our Benevolent Fund. This money is used by our pastors and leaders to help those with urgent, practical needs in our church body and beyond. To give to this fund just indicate "Benevolent" with your offering.
For those who consider Greenfield their church home, there are a number of ways you can donate:
- Sunday Offering. An offering is taken at each Sunday gathering where cash or cheques are accepted. All cheque donations are receipted. If a receipt is required for a cash donation, use an offering envelope with your name, address, and email on the front.
- Offering Boxes. There are two offering boxes in the sanctuary (at the end of the aisles by the back wall) that you may deposit your offering in at your convenience on Sunday mornings. This is a good option for those who may not be in the service when the offering is collected.
- Automated Monthly Donations. For convenience and consistency in giving, you can set up monthly recurring gifts using your bank account. You may download the form here, pick one up from the Welcome Centre on a Sunday morning, or contact the church office. Once completed, please submit form to the church office. You may change or cancel this giving at any time, subject to providing 14 days notice, by contacting the church office
- Online Donations. One time gifts can be made through credit card or bank account through our secure Paypal account. You may also set up a recurring donation through your Paypal account. Paypal is a very secure internet service used by millions of people daily, and it provides the most inexpensive way for non-profits to receive payment through debit or credit. You may donate now using the following Donation Form.
- Donations by Mail. You may send cheques (made payable to "Greenfield Community Church") to the church office:
Greenfield Community Church
3712 - 114 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T6J 1M1
Donation receipts are issued by Greenfield annually in February.